HubCitySPOKES is a Mississippi-owned newspaper and magazine publishing company with roots dating back to 1923 when the company's founder, John Oliver Emmerich Sr. bought a weekly newspaper called the Enterprise in McComb.
In the years since, the company has grown to include 27 paid daily and weekly newspapers, 10 shoppers, a military base publication, 18 websites, and more than 100 niche publications. Many of the company's newspapers – including those published locally – are still printed in McComb.
Here in Hattiesburg, we are the proud publishers of three of those newspapers (The HATTIESBURG POST, The LAMAR TIMES and The PETAL NEWS), a monthly magazine (Signature Magazine), a monthly real estate guide (Hub City Homes Guide), two quarterly magazines (PineBeltSPORTS: The Magazine, and Southern Magazine), and a number of annual niche publications including Spotlight on the Pine Belt, The Petal Guide, our annual Medical Directory, and much more.
• The HATTIESBURG POST is a the newest member of the HubCitySPOKES family. The Post is a paid-circulation weekly newspaper published each and every Thursday, 52 times a year for the residents of Hattiesburg and the surrounding areas. The POST is Hattiesburg's community newspaper and is inserted each week into all of our other newspaper products listed below.
• The LAMAR TIMES is a paid-circulation weekly newspaper published each and every Thursday, 52 times a year for the residents of Lamar County and the surrounding area including the communities of West Hattiesburg, Oak Grove, Lumberton, Sumrall, and Purvis. The Times is also the official newspaper of record for the Lamar County Board of Supervisors.
• The PETAL NEWS is also a paid-circulation weekly newspaper published on Thursdays. As the official newspaper of the growing Petal community, it includes primarly coverage of city government, schools, and local business.
• Signature Magazine is by the far the Pine Belt's most popular publication of any kind. The award-winning and much sought-after glossy magazine features society news, feature stories, columns, recipies, and hundreds of event photographs each and every month.
• The HubCityHOMES Guide is our monthly real estate guide. Featuring commercial and residential listings from all of the Pine Belt's largest Realtors as well as offers from home-related retail partners, more than 10,000 copies are distributed each and every month.
• PineBeltSPORTS.com is our award-winning sports website. As the most comprehensive online sports hub in south Mississippi, thousands of people flock to the site each week for story recaps, scores, and feature stories. A quarterly magazine with the same name spotlights our area athletes in four different special issues: Spring (Baseball Preview), Summer, Fall (Football Preview) and Winter.
• Southern Magazine is published quarterly and is the "official unofficial magazine of the Southern Miss community." Focusing entirely on the University of Southern Mississippi, the magazine includes feature profiles of students, professors, alumni, athletics, and much, much more.
HubCitySPOKES: A Publishing Company
103 N. 40th Ave. • Hattiesburg, MS 39401
(601) 268-2331 tel • (601) 268-2965 fax